Friday, February 29, 2008

Something to do with the Quote of the Day

I've posted my freaky rock photos on my Photo.net page: http://photo.net/photodb/folder.tcl?folder_id=812604 I figured it was better then posting them here, mainly because I there are so many of them, it'd be nearly impossible to fit them all. And also, because that way those of you who don't care to view my freaky artsy-fartsy side don't have to be unduely exposed.


I must say, however, I did enjoy putting these shots together. I actually did some 'editing' work on some of them this time (filters, soft focus, saturation, etc), which I normally don't do. I also enjoyed naming them. I think I may have been getting a little loopy with the naming game, so watch out. Something about listening to Enya and the Juno soundtrack that works wonders for your brain.

So, to those of you who make the trek, I have a request to make of you. Please let me know which are your favorites (top 5-10), if you have them. Thanks.

Here's a teaser:


And the Quote for Today:

No matter what we have come through, or how many perils we have safely passed, or how many imperfect and jagged - in some places perhaps irreparably - our life has been, we cannot in our heart of hearts imagine how it could have been different. As we look back on it, it slips in behind us in orderly array, and, with all its mistakes, acquires a sort of eternal fitness, and even, at times, of poetic glamour.
Randolph Silliman Bourne

7 comments:

Teresa said...

WOW! Love the pics. Hard to rank favorites, so here are some of the highlights for me: Snatch the Pebble, Transient Perfection, Periphery, Piccard Shard, Terminal, Inconspicuous, No Stump of Mine.

Heather said...

I loved the album. I had to go through all of the pictures a few times. I kept thinking that I wanted to print half of them for my wall and then try drawing the other half. I didn't pick favorites but I will have to go back and pick a few. I also was quite amused with all of the titles and wished there was a commentary on why those were the titles.
On another note, I love the quote of the day. I often look back at parts of my life (from now) and wonder how I wouldn't be the same if my life was different. However the quote from yesterday sometimes applies to my life also.

LauraB said...

I studied them and decided I like "Untitled" as a framed picture by itself. I also like a grouping of "Ever Changing Landscape" that would be flanked with "Piccard Shard" and "Terminal." Is "Piccard Shard" so named because it looks like the chest patch on Jean-Luc Picard of Star Trek?

Marcy said...

Well, because it reminded me of a Star Trek Badge, and he's my favortie ST character, yes.

Merilee said...

I love the photos Marcy!
My faves are...
Nestled- I love the composition.

Ever changing landscape-it's so simple and breathtaking at the same time.

Snatch the pebble-an obvious favorite, it's beautiful. There's something about mixing nature and man. Plus I love hands.

Complication and Dismiss offhand- I liked both.

Suck the marrow- I'll never eat a marrow dumpling again but I absolutely love the colors in that photo.

Marcy said...

Thanks guys. I have a goal to teach myself Photoshop this year and I wanted some input on your favs and I'll start with them, when I get the program.

prism said...

Here are my favorites (always love your photos, and thanks for sharing):

A Bit of Texture Thrown In
Nestled
Transient Perfection
Osteology
Inconspicuous
Long Suffering
No Stump of Mine
Untitled

I also like Intwine (and many others)
Love the titles you gave them