Sunday, May 18, 2008

Lambson Family in ???

Okay, I've learned over the last 15 years that nothing is done until it is confirmed in writing and signed by everyone above you in the company. This process can take 4-18 months depending on the decision being made.

As you may know, there has been a rumor now for some time (maybe 6 months) that we will be moving. It sounds like now the rumor is becoming more real. There are no dates yet, but hopefully we have more to share this week. So, where are we going? Some hints for you to try and figure it out (if you already know, no guessing) ...


Weather (city):
Average Temperature in January 27.5 F
Average Temperature in July 65.3 F
Parcipitation in June 2.8 in

Population (city):
City 370,000
Metro Area 730,000

City Elevation 778 ft

LDS Stuff:
Members in country 1,981
Active members in country 495

Major Religions:
Atheist 39.8%
Catholic 39.2%
Protestant 4.6%
LDS 0.0193%

Other Country Facts:
  • Country borders 4 other countries
  • Fresh Water Withdrawl - 1.91 cu km/yr
  • Natural Hazard - flooding
  • Population Growth - (0.082%)
  • Fertility Rate - 1.23 children born/woman
  • Government Type - parliamentary democracy
  • GDP - $249.1 billion
  • Unemployment Rate - 6.6%
  • Agricultural Products - wheat, potatoes, sugar beets, hops, fruit; pigs, poultry
  • Telephone Lines - 2.9 mil
  • Cellular Phones - 12.4 mi (note: total population is 10.2 mil)
  • Airports - 122 (with paved runways - 45)
  • Illicit Drugs - transshipment point for Southwest Asian heroin and minor transit point for Latin American cocaine to Western Europe; producer of synthetic drugs for local and regional markets; susceptible to money laundering related to drug trafficking, organized crime; significant consumer of ecstasy

20 comments:

Teresa said...

Czech Republic?

Is this the promotion?

ducklips said...

That is just cruel. Now I am dying to know! I could say Slovenia, but that would just be way too cool. I'm thinking the Czech Republic sounds like a good match too.

Becca said...

Congrats! I have always wanted to go to the Czech Republic - I'll expect pictures on the blog!

Sheri said...

I have no idea. I was really hoping for America.

Jon said...

i wouldn't be anywhere close to the alps because you've already wasted living as close as you were and not going snowboarding

LauraB said...

Do you REALLY expect me to be excited? Come on. I think I'm going to get as surly over this as Brian was over American Idol!!! You want me excited? Try the continental US, preferably west of the Mississippi - THEN I'll get excited! (Love you all anyway.) :(

Brian said...

IT'S BRNO, CZECH REPUBLIC. Do I win a prize?

Kim said...

I don't know where it is, but a country full of athiests, flooding, drug trafficking, money laundering, and organized crime, sounds like home to me.

Marcy said...

Kevin here - Kim, I just picked the best facts to share. Congrats to Brian for the first complete answer (sorry, Teresa). Prize ... hum? It will be a surprise, but look in the mail in the coming weeks.

Teresa said...

Sure, get all technical on me! I was robbed!

Kim said...

Kevin, I was totally joking. I almost wrote that it sounds like you are coming back to the U.S., but I thought it was funnier worded the other way. I wish you guys were coming back to the U.S.

Brian said...

Teresa, you got robbed just like David Archuleta got robbed. Kevin, I am SO excited to see what the mail brings. As long as it's not an autographed photo of Pat I'll be happy. So, when ARE you guys moving back home?

kol said...

We passed the third year of a one-year assignment in Bratislava in February. Brno is also a one-year assignment :) ... see you guys in 2011.

kol said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Teresa said...

Brian, let the whole David issue go already. I am so sad for you that you don't have anything else to fill your time with these days.

Kevin, at least we could get a chance to come visit before you leave. Jack just got his passport a couple of weeks ago so we are good to go!

Brian said...

Teresa you are just bitter that you lost to, of all people, ME! Man, that must suck!

Sheri said...

Hey Brian - when's the WAAAbulance coming to get you?

Sandy said...

Enough already----we miss you terriby and want you back in the good ole USA. Acually, I wish the best for your whole family and now I can come back for a visit!!!Love you soooooooooooo much!

Jon said...

The illicit drugs is an interesting aspect but any country w/out a decent marijuana base can't be good.

prism said...

I thought I posted a comment - where did it go? Czech republic was also my guess - didn't know we had to guess the city too.

Best of luck, and be sure to send us your new address, etc.

We might be moving within a year, too.. don't know where for sure, but possibly the East coast again. :-)