Sunday, November 11, 2007

Snow, Snow, Snow

We left for church at 9am looking at a sunny, cold day. The snow started started halfway through Sacrament Meeting and about 3-4 inches were dumped on the city by the end of the services.

While I have taken the occasional snowy drive up to the White Mountains or even New Mexico working for Jim, I am not the expierenced winter driver. We live in an area called Koliba, the highest point in Bratislava, with a long, narrow road curving up to our home. About halfway up the traffic stoped.

Rather than slowly following a line of cars stopping/starting all the way up the mountain, we pulled over and decided to walk. Sundays are good for family nature walks, aren't they? Not to sure if Marcy was particularly thrilled, but we survived the trek up to our house.

After hot soup for lunch everyone was happy.

Bremen was so excited about the snow. We suited up (snow bib, gloves, hats, boots, etc) and went outside. A snowman, snowball fight and some sledding ... it was great fun. Oh ... and warm chocolate chip cookies for a late-night snack. Not a bad day.








13 comments:

Jamie said...

I'm jealous - I can't wait for it to snow here. That is a great snow bunny, and I just love Bremen's boots!

LauraB said...

OK, does anyone else see what I see? The Dad is pushing the kid off a terraced hill with a big "whump" waiting for him at the end and the Dad flings him around so he wipes out on his sled. Who's REALLY have fun here - is it REALLY the kid??? (By the way, I love the one picture of Bremen smiling with red cheeks and nose - probably took that one before you decided to torture him, huh?)

Kim said...

I can't even tell you how jealous I am. I would love to live where it snows. It looks like you had a fun day. Bremen is so cute!

Teresa said...

What is with that Snowman - he looks a bit evil!

Merilee said...

What a great day! I bet Bremem is thinking he has the coolest Dad on the planet.

Charlotte said...

Well we still have our air conditioning on in the house. What a difference a few thousand miles makes...

ducklips said...

Sounds like an amazing day. I'm with Teresa though, the snowman does look a bit evil. He's probably the one who told you to push your kid off the hill, eh?

Just kidding, you guys look like you are having a blast. What an amazing way to grow up for Bremen.

Marcy said...

The pictures that didn't make it onto the blog are the ones with Bremen kicking, repeatedly, and trying to push over the snowman. Maybe it is evil.

ducklips said...

Marcy-
Do you have Marcy A's phone number. I am feeling like I need to get in touch w/ her, but don't have her cell number. I tried to email you but it came back.
Sorry

LauraB said...

Is it still snowing over there?

Marcy said...

no more snow. It's warmed up enough to melt a little each day and it's almost gone now, which is good because we still don't have snow tires on our car (the appointment's on friday)

Elise email me at grmpybttm@att.net. Everytime I try to email you it comes back.

Marcy said...

Nevermind Elise I see that you tried.

ducklips said...

Ok Marcy, I think someone is plotting against us. Maybe try elise@ducklipsphoto.com or email Merilee and then I can get it from her. That may be the best plan.