Saturday, August 11, 2007

The Benefits of Being 35

After a three week visit to Arizona, Bremen and I are glad to be back home. Although my fingers seemed to have forgotten how to type-I have to re-write a lot, I wanted to make a short entry.
Slovakia is still here, and no, we have no immediate plans to move back to the US. Our Zucchini, yellow squash, and cucumber are trying to take over and Bremen thinks the watermelon growing in the back yard is really cool. The tomatoes need to take a lesson from the squash, and although I don't need an abundance of eggplant, one or two more wouldn't hurt. I have a really great Veggie Lasagne recipe (from cook's illustrated) that uses the zucchini, eggplant, and some of the herbs from our garden-and Bremen loves it (I even make it with spinach lasagne noodles). Yes, that means I've been cooking since I got home.

Oh, yeah, the title of this entry was inspired by Kevin yelling up at me (the computer is currently on the top floor), "Am I thirty-five?" After I thought about it and informed him, "Yes, you are thirty-five!" He informed me that he could run for President (of the United States). There's always a bright side.

10 comments:

Patrick said...

Kevin, you have my vote, but I hear it's important to actually live in the U.S. to become President.

Merilee said...

Yay Marcy I'm so glad you're back to blogging. Your garden sounds awesome. I'd be glad to be back to a garden like that too.

Brian said...

Kevin, I would ABSOLUTELY vote for you. Marcy, two things: first, how about some pictures of your garden? Secondly, how about instead of "saying" we're friends, we all actually be friends. That means when you come to my work, you actually talk to me! (I know you didn't intend not to, but I didn't feel as if I made you feel guilty earlier, so I thought I'd try again) :-)

LauraB said...

If it will get you all to move back to the states, I'll vote for you!!!

Sheri said...

I would certainly vote for Kevin but only if he gave me a post in his cabinet.

Kim said...

I think Kevin would be the coolest president ever.

I am listening to Depeche Mode on Sheri's blog right now and it reminds me of High School Kevin. I'm taking a fun trip down memory lane.

Heather said...

Marcy, you need to post a copy of the vegetable lasagna recipe. It sounds great.

prism said...

I'd have to think twice before voting for Kevin..heheh..

Marcy - I want that recipe - okay, Please may I have a copy of that recipe?

Do you have any other good veggie recipes? I'm struggling with recipes especially because Kael can't have any cow's milk products or nuts, and corn is becoming a problem.. help!

Emily said...

Marcy, the garden and the recipe both sound lovely. Oh, I'd vote for Kevin! However,you do have to live in the U.S. to run.

ducklips said...

I am so glad you got to the point of the title. I knew I wasn't that old. Heehee. I would also love the recipe. My kids won't eat it, but that just means more for Steve and me.

Ok, Kevin, I'm not sure if I could vote for you for president. It's the whole man on the moon thing. I mean, I'm a little worried that all the conspiracy theorist might run amuck. Although, that may be just what we need. You're hired!