Saturday, August 25, 2007

Gardens, Vegetables and Ice Blocking

Sorry, I'm still getting use to this technical stuff, so it looks like I have to put my slideshow in a seperate post for now.

Someone asked for pictures of the garden so...

We (by this I mean I) haven't picked veggies lately and Kevin went out today. So know you have pics of our harvest.
Bremen loves watermelon. He loved the idea of growing watermelon and today we picked his first home-grown watermelon. He was taken by how it was the same size as his butt. Kids...

The other day Bremen was helping me with dinner. We (I mean I) seem to have a problem picking the cucumbers before they reach gi-normous proportions, so we (I mean I) have been scrapping out the seeds (they get really tough) with a spoon (like you would a cantalope) before slicing. Well, Bremen really wanted to help with this, so I gave him the spoon. No less than 2 seconds later, I was wearing cucumber seeds. It felt like something threw up on me, but it was cold (there were a lot of seeds and pulp). It didn't just go on me either. We had a kitchen splattered in cucumber barf.

Today being sunny Saturday, the family decided it would be a perfect ice blocking day. Kevin has taken to making ice blocks (fill a plastic tub with water and place in freezer) whenever I go out of town. Last time he hosted a branch activity with 6 blocks of ice-the missionaries loved it. Anyway, we drove about 5 minutes up the hill from our house and found a nice spot (used as a ski run in winter). The Slovaks watching on were perplexed, but we had a blast! The worst part was walking back up the hill. We also ate lunch and Bremen and Kevin took a bobsled ride. Good day!

No comments: