Tuesday, September 4, 2007

This Monkey's Gone to Heaven

Well, we haven't counted them, but I'd bet more than a dollar there are more than 15 (closer to 30), spots that is. It freaked Kevin and I out so much that I took Bremen into Austria to the doctor today. After I explained he had a fever last week (this doctor was out of town last week so we saw a different one) and had been on antibiotics since thursday, the doctor was slightly concerned it might be a reaction to the meds or a result of a viral infection from last week. He had trouble locating the "reaction" beause of all the mosquito bites. Yes, they are mosquito bites. That's actually what I thought the first time I saw them, but there were just soooooo dang many of them...anyway, we're relieved it's nothing worse, although I would have been ok getting chicken pox out of the way. Pretty strange since I haven't even seen a mosquito (Kevin said he saw one the other day).

Kevin made a great compilation CD for the car. It's got a nice mix of songs from both of our preferences-a little Social D and Pixies for me, some Depeche Mode and Morrissey for Kevin, etc. Bremen and I were driving to the doctor today and I park and turn off the engine. Bremen starts singing 'And the devil is six and the devil is six...then God is seven (in a scratchy, harsh voice), then God is seven...' (this is part of the Pixies song) I had a hard time keeping a straight face, torn by pride in my offspring enjoying such a wonderful band and by realizing what other parents might think if he starts singing this at odd, out of context moments. Yeah, I know it's in the Bible and all, but little kids talking about the devil...kinda weird.

It reminds me of a time I was working at Antique Plaza and this kid (maybe 6 yrs old) was there with his mom (in her 30's) and the whole time they were shopping the kid kept singing over and over again, 'She blinded me...with science!'. It was great. I love kids.

Yes, it really is a bother when technical things don't work properly. Our European DVD player that works on US DVDs stopped recognizing (even though I gave it a nice rap on the top of it with my fist-the extent of my technical expertise) DVDs in general (at least it's a total ban, not just the US ones-I'd of been offened) so we have to watch movies on my new laptop, which is handy that we have it, but not really what I intended to use it for. Now we're left with the decision: Buy a new DVD player or move back home. It's a tough one.

Enough rambling for today.

11 comments:

Merilee said...

what a cool pixies lovin little kid.

If I lived in AZ I would definately see the advanages of you moving back home. Since I'd still be far away in OR you may as well just buy another dvd player.

Merilee said...

Oh yeah, and taking your kid to the doctor for mesquito bites, that makes me chuckle.

Brian said...

I'd say move back home! DVD players can be a real headache. Why go through that? At least if you have a problem with your DVD player here, you have a support group to help you through.

LauraB said...

OK, Merilee, keep your thoughts to yourself!!! COME HOME!!!!!!

Merilee said...

Oh sorry, I mean DVD players stink! Move back to AZ!

Sheri said...

Max does that with songs all the time. It's hilarious. Oh yeah, foret the DVD player - move back home!!

ducklips said...

move back home, move back home! Oh wait, we want to move to England. dvd player, dvd player.

LauraB said...

That does it - there's a "Bogle Ban" on this blog site - the correct answer is "MOVE HOME!"

ducklips said...

you can't kick me off. I'm staging a virtual sit-in.

Oh wait, I mean come back home and then buy a dvd player.

LauraB said...

That's a good little conformist, Elise! You've redeemed yourself!!

Charlotte said...

COME HOME!!!! Where is the picture of Bremen's spots??