Monday, September 10, 2007

Bratislava Zoo

Saturday mornings are usually Daddy/Bremen time. This not only allows us to spend some time together, but Mommy gets to sleep in for a bit. Last Saturday's morning turned into 5 hours at the Bratislava Zoo. No, Marcy did not sleep until early afternoon, but she did get the house to herself for most of the day.

The zoo is not large, but it does have a number of play areas on the grounds. So ... about 1 hour of actually watching animals and 4 hours of playing.

Bratislava spent the last few year building a new lion exhibit. It's actually pretty cool. Bremen was convinced that the lioness wanted to eat him. But, instead of avoiding the exhibit, he wanted spend time walking slowly back and forth by the glass wall so she could see him. He even started crawling, acting like a little animal to get her attention. The picture is him "playing dead" in the cutout.

They also have a Dino-park. Again, playing dead in the dinosaurs mouth. Yes, he is a little strange.



He loved climbing the rocks next to the pygmy Hippos. Notice the tounge, I think that's a Lambson trait, or just me.

"Chase Me" is one of his favorite games. He has no idea that I am on the slide ... he's walking into a trap. Wish I got a picture of him when I jumped up and yelled, "got ya!" He said I cheated because I was supposed to stay on the ground and the slide is for "big kids, not parents."


After I cheated, he got in the tube and refused to come out until I promised not to get on the slide again and to stay on the ground where parents belong. We had a blast. He's a great kid.

6 comments:

Sheri said...

That zoo looks like so much fun. Max was looking at the pictures and wanted me to take him there.

Kim said...

I love that he plays dead when he is in the animals mouth. Aren't kids the funniest?

LauraB said...

Yup, yup - the tongue thing is a Lambson trait - not so much the girls, but the boys sure do have it goin' on! Jon probably the least of all, but Patrick and Dad ususally don't get much done that requires concentration or exertion without the tongue thing!

Jamie said...

Jon definitely has the tongue thing going on when he's playing viedo games. I've even seen Logan's tongue hanging out a few times.

ducklips said...

That sounds like an awsome zoo. I love the pic of Bremen in the tube.

Teresa said...

Hey! What is the time difference again? I need to call you guys and since I no longer sleep I thought I could take advantage of this time to catch up on phone calls.