Thursday, September 6, 2007

Mohawk vs. Iroquois

So, now I know when your husband yells out from the other room "I'm cutting our son's hair. Do you care what it looks like?" The answer is always "YES!"

I mean, Kevin says Bremen asked for the Mohawk, but he didn't know what it was. Kevin just said, "Do you want a Mohawk?" And, of course, 'Mohawk' sounds cool, so the kid said yes, but come on how am I supposed to be seen in public with this kid with the crooked Mohawk? If I had given him a Mohawk, at least it would have been straight! All the other Mohawk kids (there are actually quite a few here in SK) are going to laugh at him. And he's actually adopted a surly attitude to go with the new do.

Incidentally, the Austrian doctor we saw for mosquito bites informed me that in Europe they're called 'Iroquois' not 'Mohawks'. Interesting, huh?

5 comments:

LauraB said...

AAAAAUUUUUUUGGGGHHHHH!!!!!! Were's my beautiful, blonde, mop-haired little boy??????????????? CPS IS getting notified!!

Anonymous said...

For the record ... Bremen knew what a mohawk was and asked for one, unprompted. What kid over the age of two hasn't learned to make a bubble bath mohwak in their hair?

Charlotte said...

Kevin's right. Ryan knows what a mohawk is and when I ask if he wants one he says no! So, Bremen didn't stand out enough by being american and only speaking english?

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding? Bremen speaks Slovak, at least a lot more than I do and I'm taking lessons.

Sheri said...

Well, I love it! I think he looks cool - I wish one of my kids would let me give them a mohawk!